This project is read-only.

IOC Dll's Provided But Not Referenced

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I notice three MvcTurbine dll's are referenced in your sample projects, but you provide many more dll's in the IOC folders.

Is your Mvc.Turbine.IOC.dll supposed to reference the other IOC dll's somehow?

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2010 at 4:48 PM
By default in Visual Studio, when the project is built, any reference and any of its dependencies are copied to the bin folder. So instead of referencing all those assemblies, I leveraged that functionality with the product. However, if you want to explicitly reference them, that will work too. If you look at the VS solution templates we ship, we explicitly reference these assemblies since we use the bits to create a new empty container for the application to use. At that point, the IoC assembly is required. I hope this cleared up some of your questions. Also, thank you for checking out MvcTurbine. If you ahve any questions, don't hesitate to ping back. For more discussions, check out the Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/mvcturbine Thanks! -Javier
Jul 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thank you for MvcTurbine. We created a new development branch for it, in our recently released application, and from what you've been saying, it should connect up easily.

We'll keep you informed how everything works out.

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:02 AM

This has created a little problem for us, of which I thought you might be interested.

We have seven Crystal Reports dll's in our library folder, that get copied into our bin folder on build. The application has always run like this without problems.

Now, if a developer does not have Crystal Reports installed on his machine, they get MvcTurbine runtime errors. It appears MvcTurbine wants to see the other 14 Crystal Reports dll's that are installed in the GAC. I'm guessing that for some reason, there are unresolved dependencies in the dll's that we are referencing, and MvcTurbine wants access to them.

Our workaround is to simply install these extra dll's into the GAC, but it's not really desirable to include an extra 14 dll's during deployment. So, I wanted to suggest that a switch to tell MvcTurbine not to look outside the bin folder or GAC would be a good thing. In other words, if it's not referenced in the bin folder or stored in the GAC, there may be a reason it's missing.